Your Responsibility Code
Skiing can be enjoyed in many ways. At ski areas you may see people using Alpine, Snowboard, Telemark, Cross Country or other specialized ski equipment, such as that used by disabled or other skiers. Regardless of how you decide to enjoy the slopes, always show courtesy for others and be aware that there are elements of risk in skiing that common sense and personal awareness can help reduce.
Observe the Code listed here and share with other skiers the responsibility for a great skiing experience
- Always be in control and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
- People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
- You must not stop where you obstruct a trail or are not visible from above.
- Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
- Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed tails and out of closed areas.
- Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.
KNOW THW CODE. IT’S YOUR RESPOSIBILTY.
This is a partial list, be safety conscious.
Winter Uphill Travel Assumption of Risk and Release of Claims
WEVD Uphill Travel Policy 2021